We’ve finally made it through another long offseason and football is officially back. College football is entering week 2 while this week marks the opening weekend for the NFL.
Although Maryland sports betting online has not yet launched, the action has been heavy at the BetMGM retail sportsbook at MGM National Harbor. Here are some of the noteworthy bets that the sportsbook has received.
Popular NFL Bets at MGM National Harbor
- Single Wager on the Baltimore Ravens:
- $10,000 to win $110,000 on the Ravens to win the AFC (+1100)
- Single Wager on the Washington Commanders
- $300 to win $9,000 on the Commanders to win the NFC (+3000)
- The 3 Most popular Super Bowl picks (with current odds)
- Buffalo Bills (+500)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+750)
- Los Angeles Chargers (+1400)
The Buffalo Bills seem to be the consensus favorite to win the Super Bowl, but it’s a team that has fallen short each time it has gotten close. The Bills have all the talent but will this be the year that the Bills break the curse?
- 3 Most popular player MVP picks (with current odds)
- Jalen Hurts, Philadelphia (+2200)
- Justin Herbert, LA Chargers (+850)
- Joe Burrow, Cincinnati (+1200)
Significant step taken: Online sports betting applications finally open in Maryland
Popular College Football Bets on MGM National Harbor
- Single wager on Virginia Tech
- $50 to win $15,000 on Virginia Tech to win the College Football Playoff (300-to-1)
- Single wager on Maryland
- $10 to win $1,000 on Maryland to win the College Football Playoff (100-to-1)
- Top 3 picks to win the College Football Playoffs (with current odds)
- Ohio State (+320)
- Alabama (+150)
- Clemson (+1200)
- Top 3 players bet on to win the Heisman (with current odds)
- CJ Stroud, QB, Ohio State (+300)
- Will Anderson Jr., LB, Alabama (+2500)
- Caleb Williams, QB, USC (+600)
The only time that a defensive player won the Heisman Trophy was in 1997 when Charles Woodson won it as a cornerback at Michigan. Eight of the last 10 Heisman winners have been quarterbacks.
Orioles plant sports wagering flag: Baltimore to partner with Superbook to build retail facility at Camden Yards
MGM National Harbor Sportsbook
BetMGM has a great sportsbook and atmosphere at MGM National Harbor with a lounge that features a 110-foot wrap-around screen for the perfect view no matter the seat. The sportsbook is open from 11 a.m-1 a.m. on Sundays and Monday-Thursday. It has extended hours until 2 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
The casino also features the Tap Sports Bar which features a variety of food and drink options. It also has more than 70 TVs for fans to view their favorite games. Bettors can access the BetMGM betting counter and kiosks from the bar as well.
Retail Sportsbooks in Maryland
Right now there are six retail sportsbooks open in the state. The other five sportsbooks are:
- Caesars Sportsbook (Horseshoe Casino Baltimore)
- FanDuel (Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland)
- TwinSpires (Ocean Downs Casino)
- Barstool Sportsbook (Hollywood Casino Perryville)
- BetRivers Sportsbook (Bingo World in Baltimore)
Of the six retail sportsbooks, all but one is located at a casino. Bingo World is the only one that’s not a casino and it’s the latest one to open its doors, having debuted in August.
Three off-track betting facilities have been granted sports betting licenses but have yet to open: Riverboat on the Potomac, Long Shot’s, and Greenmount Station.
DraftKings recently received a Retail Sports Betting License and will open a sportsbook at Timonium Racetrack.
AP Photo/Julio Cortez