Maryland sports betting is here, and football fans can now bet on the Baltimore Ravens at a number of retail sportsbooks in the state. Additionally, mobile betting launched on Nov. 23, meaning residents can bet before the 2023 Super Bowl. The launch of mobile betting will make it much easier for fans of the Ravens to bet on their favorite team from the comfort of their own homes. But for now, retail betting will have to do.
Current Baltimore Ravens Odds
Behind the play of Lamar Jackson, the Ravens are off to a strong start to the 2022 NFL season. Bolstered by an NFL trade deadline deal for star linebacker Roquan Smith, there is even more optimism the Ravens can continue to fly towards the top of the AFC North.
With the home team currently sitting on top of their division, bettors in Maryland can bet on Ravens futures at Maryland retail sportsbooks. The chart below shows the Ravens’ division, conference, and Super Bowl odds as of November 8.
|MARYLAND SPORTSBOOK||AFC North Odds||AFC Champ Odds||Super Bowl Odds|
Where Can You Bet On The Baltimore Ravens?
Retail Sportsbooks In Maryland
In total, 17 retail locations were designated in the Maryland sports wagering law. These include casinos, horse tracks, sports facilities, off-track betting locations, and bingo halls. Right now, sports fans can place their wagers at five land-based casinos in Maryland. They are:
- Horseshoe Casino Baltimore – Caesars
- MGM National Harbor – BetMGM
- Maryland Live! Casino & Hotel – FanDuel
- Hollywood Casino Perryville – Barstool
- Ocean Downs Casino – TwinSpires
These locations have partnered with sports betting platforms to accept sports wagers in-person in Maryland. At these five locations, football fans can bet on individual NFL games as well as player and team futures. Common NFL wagers for individual games include bets on moneylines, spreads, totals, player props and parlays. Popular futures bets include Super Bowl champion, AFC/NFC Champion, division winners, and player awards like MVP.
Maryland Online Sportsbooks
Maryland online sports betting apps are on the way. Right now, the hope is that mobile betting apps launch in Maryland in the second half of 2022. At full capacity, there could be as many as 60 mobile sports betting licenses approved in Maryland. The following online sportsbooks are expected to be among the first to launch in the Old Line State:
- BetMGM: As one of the most well-known and trusted brands in the online sports betting industry, it would not be shocking if the BetMGM Sportsbook app was one of the first to lauch in Maryland. With competitive odds and fantastic promotions for new and existing users, Maryland bettors will be happy to have BetMGM launch in-state. BetMGM was also the first sportsbook in Maryland to announce a partnership with the Baltimore Ravens.
- DraftKings: Thanks to its time as a daily fantasy operator, DraftKings is one of the most recognizable names in the US online sports betting industry. With the DFS platform already live in Maryland, it would be surprising if DraftKings was not among the first to launch in the state.
- FanDuel: Like the other daily fantasy giant, FanDuel benefits from name recognition much like DraftKings does. With a great app, competitive odds, and user-friendly bonuses and promotions, FanDuel is bound to be a big hit among bettors in Maryland.
Baltimore Ravens results 2022
Here’s the entire 2022 season schedule for the Baltimore Ravens:
- Baltimore Ravens 24, New York Jets 9, September 11
- Miami Dolphins 42, Baltimore Ravens 38, September 18
- Baltimore Ravens 37, New England Patriots 26, September 25
- Buffalo Bills 23, Baltimore Ravens 20, October 2
- Baltimore Ravens 19, Cincinnati Bengals 17, October 9
- New York Giants 24, Baltimore Ravens 20, October 16
- Baltimore Ravens 23, Cleveland Browns 20, October 23
- Baltimore Ravens 27, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 22, October 27
- Baltimore Ravens 27m New Orleans Saints 13, November 8
- vs. Carolina Panthers, Sunday, November 20, 1 p.m. ET
- @ Jacksonville Jaguars, Sunday, November 27, 1 p.m ET
- vs. Denver Broncos, Sunday, December 4, 1 p.m. ET
- vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, Sunday, December 11, 1 p.m. ET
- @ Cleveland Browns, Sunday, December 18, TBD
- vs. Atlanta Falcons, Saturday, December 24, 1 p.m. ET
- vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, Sunday, January 1, 1 p.m. ET
- @ Cincinnati Bengals, Sunday, January 8, TBD
How NFL Betting Odds Are Calculated
Oddsmakers have their own way of calculating odds. Still, all will employ some form of advanced mathematics, algorithms, whatever data they can get their hands on, and their experience to come up with the opening odds for a market.
But once they post the opening odds, they may change due to any relevant new information (i.e., injuries, player availability, etc.) and how the public bets. If a high percentage of bets are taken on one side of a game, sportsbooks will shift the odds to give the other side of the bet more value.
That way, no matter what the outcome of the game is, the sportsbook is protected.
The Ravens’ season started with a Week 1 matchup against the New York Jets on September 11. The chart below shows the odds for the game before the season started on DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Point Spread||Moneyline||Total (over/under)|
|Baltimore Ravens||-5.5 (-110)||-245||Over 45 (-110)|
|New York Jets||+5.5 (-110)||+205||Under 45 (-110)|
If you bet on the Ravens to win and cover the 5.5-point spread, you would need to wager $110 in order to win $100. Keep in mind that odds and lines like these are subject to change all the way up until kickoff.
What Kinds Of Bets Can Be Placed On The Baltimore Ravens
Fans of the Baltimore Ravens have several ways to put money down on their favorite team. Popular futures bets include regular season win totals, winning the AFC North, winning the AFC, or winning the Super Bowl. However, the most common types of NFL wagers involve betting on individual games.
The betting line will consist of three different types of wagers:
- Point Spread: A number that is either negative (for favorites) or positive (for underdogs). Favorites must not only win the game, but win by a specific number of points in order to cover the spread. Underdogs can either win the game outright, or lose by a specific number of points.
- Moneyline: Bettors interested in picking the winners straight up will want to bet the moneyline. Odds for favorites have shorter odds, while bets on underdogs have longer odds, which typically results in higher payouts.
- Total (over/under): These types of bets refer to the total number of points scored in an NFL game. Bettors can bet on the total score to either go over or stay under the listed total.
How To Place Prop Bets On Baltimore Ravens
Prop bets, also known as proposition bets, are fun ways to get in on the NFL betting action. These types of wagers are typically offered as game props or player props. Game props can include which team you think will score first, or whether or not a team will reach their listed total number of points in a game. Popular player props include passing yards for QBs, rushing yards for RBs, receiving yards for WRs, and which player will score a touchdown.
Much like NFL game and futures bets, odds and lines for prop bets can vary between sportsbooks. For example, Lamar Jackson’s passing yard total for a given game could be listed at 205.5 on DraftKings, and 195.5 on FanDuel. In this scenario, if you are wanting to bet on the over, it would be advantageous to use FanDuel, as a lower total is listed.
Always be sure to shop around for the best odds before locking in your wagers.
How To Bet On The Baltimore Ravens In Maryland
Starting Nov. 23, Maryland bettors can bet on the Ravens with mobile apps and at retail locations. This gives bettors much more flexibility when it comes to placing their wagers. The following steps describe how bettors in Maryland can place bets on the Ravens:
- Research the available sportsbooks to see which will be the best one for you. For the sake of this example, let’s say you like DraftKings the best.
- Go to either the Google Play or Apple store to download the version of the app that will work for your mobile device.
- Register for a new account with DraftKings.
- Make your first deposit.
- Navigate to the page where the market you want to bet on is located.
- Click on the odds for that market. Then enter how much you wish to wager in the appropriate box on the betting slip.
- Once you are ready, click on ‘place bet’ to officially place your bet.
How To Bet On The Super Bowl In Maryland
Fans can bet on the Super Bowl in one of two ways. They can place a futures bet or wait until the betting line is posted and then bet the point spread, moneyline, or total.
You can place futures bets from when the odds get posted up until a given date and time. Odds for Super Bowl LVII are available now on multiple sportsbooks.
Some sportsbooks will have odds listed for various futures related to the Super Bowl, like what division, conference, or state the winner will come from. Prop bets for the Super Bowl will concern obscure things like the length of the National Anthem, the result of the coin flip, and various player performance marks (among other things).
Bettors in Maryland can put money down on the Super Bowl even if the Ravens are not playing in the game.
Baltimore Ravens Partnerships
The Baltimore Ravens wasted no time establishing a partnership with BetMGM doing so less than 24 hours after the law legalizing sports betting was signed into law. Under the terms of the partnership, BetMGM signage will be visible in M&T Bank Stadium and on Ravens digital and social media outlets.
The team and BetMGM will also collaborate on co-branded promotional campaigns. Also, the BetMGM app will feature Ravens promotions and marketing campaigns.
Baltimore Ravens Sports Betting FAQs
Vegas oddsmakers calculate odds for the Baltimore Ravens much like everyone else. All sportsbooks take information available on the team and its opponents, and with the help of some computer algorithms and complex math, they come up with the opening odds. Like other sports, NFL odds can fluctuate, meaning the opening lines may be different than what they are right before kickoff.
In general, betting on the NFL is incredibly popular. It is the most-watched sport in the country, and the Super Bowl is often the most-bet singular sporting event every year. Over the last few seasons, the Ravens have become one of the better teams in the league, meaning they have become one of the more popular teams to bet on.
Yes. Live bets can be placed at retail casinos in Maryland. In addition, once mobile betting is available, live bets on the Ravens can be placed with mobile sportsbook apps. This means that Maryland sports fans can place their wagers in the middle of the game, well after the opening kickoff.
In order to stand out among the competition, sportsbooks in different states offer new users special welcome bonuses and promos. Maryland is no different. While Maryland sports betting apps are not yet live, sports fans can create their accounts and claim several bonuses. Check out our bonus page HERE for details. Terms and conditions apply.