BetMGM is one of the most prominent and well-respected names in the sports betting industry. The product of a partnership between MGM Resorts International and the Entain Group (previously known as GVC Holdings), BetMGM is one of the most comprehensive sportsbooks in the business.
With a solid welcome bonus, numerous ongoing promotions, competitive odds on many sports, and an industry-leading mobile app, BetMGM offers users a quality experience that is second to none.
The site and mobile app may not be the prettiest in the business. But if function and overall quality mean more than appearances, then BetMGM is the sportsbook for you.
BetMGM Maryland Promo Code For October 2021
New bettors at BetMGM Maryland can claim up to $1,000 in a risk-free bet offer. Terms and conditions apply.
|BetMGM Maryland Promo Code||SHARP|
|Risk-Free Bet||$1,000 max value|
|What States Allow BetMGM||Virginia, Michigan, New Jersey, Colorado, Tennessee, West Virginia, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Iowa|
|BetMGM’S Land-Based Partner||No Announcement has been made, but BetMGM will likely partner with MGM National Harbor|
|Promo Code Verified For||October 2021|
Welcome bonuses are a necessary part of doing business for online sportsbooks. While there has been no official word on what BetMGM will offer in Maryland, it is probably safe to assume the site will offer a welcome bonus similar to what BetMGM offers in other states.
BetMGM Maryland: Bonus And Promotional Grade (4.25/5)
The welcome bonus at BetMGM is comparable to the bonuses at other sportsbooks in-state, from a max value standpoint. It is similar to the risk-free bet that FanDuel offers and is more than the BetRivers bonus match deposit ($250).
But where it stands out from the masses is its rollover requirement. New users just have to bet their free bets once before withdrawing money. This makes it more enticing to bet closer to the max of $1,000 since it is not hard to cash in.
Any qualifying bet that is $50 or above breaks into 20% denominations if it loses. This means the user will receive their risk-free bet in five different increments that equal up to the qualifying wager. If the bet is $49 or less and loses, users receive one free bet with that same value. Of course, any wagers that win are not eligible for free bets.
However, it is important to note that your free bets will expire within seven days after they get credited to your account. Where BetMGM stands out, though, is with the other promotions offered:
- NFL First Touchdown Risk-Free Bet
- Get up to $25 back if the player you selected did not get the first touchdown of a contest. This can be activated daily.
- Money Monday Club
- Bettors receive a free $10 bet if they wager $50 or more during the week (between Monday and Sunday)
- Parlay and One Game Parlay Insurance
- Up to $25 is offered back in a free bet if bettors follow specific guidelines when setting up a traditional parlay or One Game Parlay
- Top 5 Golfer Insurance
- Up to $25 is offered back in a free bet if a selected bettor doesn’t win a tournament but finishes within the top 5
- Boosted Odds
- Access to the M Live rewards program
The welcome bonus would be more aptly named if called a ‘second-chance’ bet rather than a risk-free bet. But many sportsbooks offer risk-free bets as part of their welcome bonus. So, in that respect, BetMGM is no different from the rest.
But where it sets itself apart is the other things, i.e., odds boost, parlay insurance, etc. BetMGM is one of only a few sportsbooks that offers a loyalty program.
BetMGM Maryland: Odds Vs The Competition Grade (4.5/5)
Competitive odds are a must for an online sportsbook. Without them, it is hard to survive. BetMGM’s odds, much like every other sportsbook, are competitive and likely will be in Maryland.
Their soccer and NCAAB odds are typically among the best. But their NHL odds are not particularly good. Overall, the odds are going to be on par with what everyone else offers.
As for the vig at BetMGM Maryland, it will likely be just like the odds— competitive. It tends to be on the high side for hockey. But, otherwise, it will be a lot like everyone else’s vig if not better.
If you are line shopping, BetMGM will always be one of the books you will check. Should you want to open an account with only one sportsbook, you will be glad you opened one with BetMGM.
BetMGM Maryland: Market Depth And Variety Grade (5/5)
In the US, many fans will be interested in betting on the most popular sports in the country—the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and college sports (basketball and football). BetMGM has more than enough options for fans looking to put some money down on their favorite sport.
But if you are looking to bet on more obscure sports like darts, table tennis, or handball or sports popular in other countries (like rugby union, rugby league, cricket, etc.), BetMGM has you covered there as well. BetMGM offers odds on 20 different sports with upwards of 100 markets on a single game (i.e., NFL).
Some of those markets include team point totals, player yardage totals, which team or player will score first, the first team to hit 10 points, 20 points, etc. There are also futures to consider, including which team will participate in the Super Bowl or win it outright.
But how does it compare to the competition? Every sportsbook will offer odds on the major sports (NFL, MLB, NBA, etc.), and most will provide a range of different markets on most games (if not all). However, where BetMGM stands out is with the number of sports it offers.
If you are only interested in one or two markets, then the variety and depth of available options will not mean much to you. But if you are thinking of dabbling in a number of sports and markets, then BetMGM is the right book for you.
BetMGM Maryland: Deposit And Cashout Grade (5/5)
People cannot bet money if they have trouble depositing it, which is why sportsbooks tend to offer users several online banking options. The more options customers have to choose from, the more likely they are to find one they are comfortable using.
BetMGM offers the following options for deposits. Note that not all options may be available in certain areas, including Maryland.
- Debit card (Visa, Mastercard)
- Online Banking (Chase, Wells Fargo, etc.)
- American Express
- ACH or e-check
- Wire transfer
- Play+ prepaid card
- Gift Card
- PayNearMe (CVS, 7-eleven, Family Dollar)
- Cash (at partner casino)
Sportsbooks will often carry fewer options for withdrawals; regulations in some states prevent them from offering more. BetMGM offers the following where available:
- ACH or e-check
- Online Banking
- Cash (at partner casino)
- Play+ pre-paid cardpay
For deposits, the processing time is instant for most options. Skrill can take 24 hours, and PayNearMe needs a little time, too (less than an hour). When it comes to withdrawals, though, the processing time ranges from one to five days (except for Play+ card and cash).
There are minimum amount requirements for both deposits and withdrawals.
As for other sportsbooks, the options will be roughly the same as will the processing time. But you may find an option or two with BetMGM that you will not find at other sportsbooks.
BetMGM Maryland: Mobile App Grade (4.75/5)
Bettors looking for a quality, reliable way to bet on the go will be happy with BetMGM’s mobile app. The iOS version is tied for the highest grade in the Apple Store with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5. The Android version has not fared so well with mediocre ratings (2.0 out of 5) on Google Play.
However, the app has had limited time on Google Play with the market recently allowing sports betting apps. BetMGM actively responds to negative reviews and reaches out to those having issues. While our testing hasn’t been as bad, and those with iOS devices have a different experience, there’s certainly room for improvement in the Android version.
Whether you are using the iOS or Android version of the app, betting with it is easy to do. The process is similar if you were betting from the BetMGM website. All of the same features and markets are accessible on the app.
Some lag exists when logging in and the app checks for user location. This may occur when the user also moves around different sections of the sportsbook. At some points, sections take longer to load than others.
Mileage may vary based on the type of Android device a user has. Modern devices should be able to handle what the app has to offer. Until the optimization and general perception of the app in the Google Play store improves, BetMGM is not a five-star app.
BetMGM Maryland: Overall Score
Is BetMGM Maryland Legit?
When it comes to financial transactions online, it is not unusual for people to wonder whether the business in question is legit. Can you trust them, or are they going to rip you off? Such concerns are especially common regarding online sports betting.
So, is BetMGM legit? The answer to that is without a doubt— yes, and here is why:
- When BetMGM Maryland goes live, it will be licensed and regulated by the state. That means that BetMGM will not be able to operate if it fails to meet the standards and expectations set by the state’s regulating authority.
- BetMGM was created by ROAR Digital, which formed as a partnership between MGM Resorts International and the Entain Group (formerly GVC Holdings). Both are among the most respected names in the sports betting industry in the world. It is doubtful either would risk their reputation on an inferior product. Plus, MGM operates a retail casino in Maryland at MGM National Harbor.
- If BetMGM was just interested in maximizing profit, it would not allow users to take a timeout from playing or restrict access to any BetMGM products.BetMGM also allows users to set a limit on how much they can deposit, bet, and how long they can play in a single session.
- With how important public perception is for professional sports teams and their athletes, several teams from the NFL, NBA, and MLB would not partner with a sportsbook deemed ‘questionable’ or not considered legit.
- Should a problem arise for customers, BetMGM employs a top-notch customer service team ready to handle any issues.
Why Choose BetMGM Maryland Over Illegal Betting Sites?
People that have been comfortably betting at offshore sportsbooks for years may have a hard time seeing why they should switch to legal, regulated sportsbooks in their respective states. People looking to give betting a try may wonder the same thing. But there are several good reasons why they should stick with a legal sportsbook:
- Legal sportsbooks will be regulated and licensed in whatever state(s) they operate in. This means there will be someone watching over them and making sure they conduct business in an honest, lawful manner, which is not the case with illegal sportsbooks.
- Should an offshore book close and take the bankroll you had deposited with them, you have no recourse. If a sportsbook were to try something similar in the US, you would.
- Legal, regulated sportsbooks will be held to a higher standard and probably even have better security.
- While no one has been prosecuted for betting with an offshore sportsbook, it is technically illegal. Do you want to risk being the first?
- Payment processing can be problematic with offshore books since banks and financial networks are not supposed to engage in transactions with them knowingly. But offshore sportsbooks typically know ways around the rules which can take time.
- Depending on how long it ends up taking for your deposit to process, you may find yourself accidentally spending that money. That could result in late fees and other hassles when the transaction gets posted.
Why Can You Trust BetMGM Maryland With Your Money?
One of the most common reasons people gave when asked why they do not bet online is safety. They fear that their money may not be safe with whichever sportsbook they open an account with. Those people may fear the book is shady, has poor security, or has a host of possible issues.
So, then why should people believe their money is safe with BetMGM Maryland?
BetMGM is a regulated sportsbook which means it will have to meet whatever security standard the regulating authority desires. Most typically go with top-of-the-line online security since they know nothing can kill a sportsbook quicker than the public perception that your money is not safe with them.
BetMGM has an excellent reputation when it comes to the site’s online security. The firewall is one of the most advanced in the world, and BetMGM consults with some of the best security experts in the world on a regular basis to ensure the money and personal information of customers is safe.
Along with top-notch, state-of-the-art security, BetMGM is tied to one of the most recognizable names in the sports betting and casino industry, MGM Resorts International. Such a company would not want to be affiliated with anything less than the best.
BetMGM Maryland Fact Sheet
|How old do you have to be?||21|
|Which states legally offer BetMGM Sportsbook?||Virginia, Michigan, New Jersey, Colorado, Tennessee, West Virginia, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Iowa|
|Who is the BetMGM’s partner in Maryland?||MGM National Harbor|
|Launch date in Maryland||TBD (est. Sept. 1, 2021, just in time for the start of the 2021 NFL season)|
Yes, you will need to be physically located in the state of Maryland to place a bet with the BetMGM Maryland sportsbook. The rule seems to be universal across all sportsbooks and the states in which they operate. You do not, though, need to be a resident of Maryland to bet.
BetMGM offers odds on at least 20 different sports. These include the following: Aussie Rules, Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Cricket, Cycling, Darts, Football, Formula 1, Golf, Handball, Hockey, MMA, NASCAR, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Snooker, Soccer, Table Tennis, and Tennis.
No. Because BetMGM does not take bets on esports in any other state, it stands to reason that the site will not do so in Maryland.
As a welcome bonus, BetMGM offers new users a risk-free bet with a max value of $1,000. If they lose their first wager, BetMGM will credit their account with free bet(s) equal in value to their wager up to $1,000.
That decision will be up to the Maryland State Lottery & Gaming Control Agency. But after seeing how unpopular requiring in-person registration has been in locations that tried it, there is a good chance it will not be required.
Live, in-play betting is one of the fastest-growing segments of the sports betting industry. Since BetMGM offers it in every other state in which it is live, there is no reason to think Maryland will be any different.